Monday, October 15, 2007

Soothing Sunday

Couldn't break away from the horse trials yesterday when my supposed shift was over. The weather was great and I was having fun talking to fellow staff members and some of the show participants. Slipped out to go see my friend and her husband, but they were headed elsewhere for lunch. Slipped out to pick up mother but my brother was there doing the lawn, so she did not want to leave. But I gave her a copy of the program. And my friend knowing how cheap I am, met me outside the gate of the lacrosse tournament so I would not have the pay the $5 admission fee since I was not going to be staying to watch the game...very friendly of her!

So after 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at school, I went for a walk and then headed to the Chinese restaurant down the street for dumplings. My fortune cookie summed up the day - "Soothing your body is the name of the game today." Enjoying the weather, not "working" working, and taking myself out to dinner - soothing for me. It will be fun walking into work without a backlog this a.m. I know there will be plenty to do, but it is nice to be moving forward.

It is also different waking up at the time I have been leaving for work of late.

Do seem to have a huge sty in my eye. Feels like it has been forming for awhile, but today - there is no doubt, it is out.

Book Club tonight. I will be curious to hear what others have to say about the book.

A week from today is the big birthday. Trying to decide what to do for the weekend. May go to NYC for a day if I don't have to work Family Weekend at school. Shouldn't have to, but will check this week. Good thing I did not make the reservations for St Lucia as I had planned for next week. I would have gotten caught up just in time to fall behind again!!! But I do need to schedule some of my 6 weeks vacation relatively soon. I have been thinking of maybe doing a summer beach cottage rental type deal since Summer is definitely more conducive to vacation in my new job. We will see.

Better get going. Good day yesterday for Packers. Rough night Saturday for Red Sox fans. Almost time for Midnight Madness for college basketball. Was asleep by the time Q&A started last night.

Have a good week.

No comments: