Saturday, November 24, 2007

Black Friday - on a relaxed level

Good news, bad news for Texas A&M - beat Texas, but coach is out. JamesOn was high scorer in the Iowa developmental league game last night. UCONN playing W VA today. Nuggets are still on a roll. St Louis lost only their second game. LSU lost to Arkansas. Things are heating up in sports as the weather turns to freezing.

I had a good day and had a thank goodness for cellphone moment yesterday. I went by my parents in the a.m. and my sister and I walked to West Hartford Center to experience all the new stores BUT I had parked on the side of the road and the leave picking up machine was making its way through the neighborhood so my father drove to the center to pick up my keys. It would have been ugly if that exchange had not taken place. But other than that it was a very relaxing entertaining day. First stop was the "hot bin" at Bruegger's Bagel. Nothing better than a hot bagel on a cold morning. REI, Crate & Barrel, Barnes and Noble and my favorite stop - which was not part of the new section - was Ten Thousand Villages - great store and I will be going back. Fun conversation with a waiter at The Cheesecake Factory. He had been one of the shoppers who got up at 2 a.m. to get to Walmart, Target and Kohl's for the 4 a.m. shopping pleasure.

Lunch at the parents - and sister #4 and I both headed to our respective homes after that. I then went for a great walk and then made plans for a dumpling dinner with my neighbor. The end of a perfect day.

Off to Rhode Island today to visit with sister #4 and I hope sister #5 and her daughter. We will see about the second part.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: