Sunday, November 04, 2007

Bright and Sunny Sunday - Early bright

I had a good transition into the daylight savings time or whatever it is called in the Fall. I think it was 10-ish when I went to bed and I did not get out of bed until 6:45-ish. No waking up early with the fall back routine. I do have to keep focused on this afternoon as I go through my day to make sure I get all my outside activities in before it gets too dark.

Yesterday I got very pensive about my life and times. Good day at work and a successful open house. Trustee meeting also going on so it did not hurt our cause that the Trustees saw us hustling people in and out all morning with the help of our best student tour guides. Good timing. Also ran into my former co-worker, co-walker - much better encounter than of late. It sounds like she and another co-worker had their "day in court" with the new Head of School about my immediate former boss. The FB is still on board so I guess she did not get the whole picture, but maybe she heard enough to make a change in the relatively near future. But that is not part of my daily day and for that I am very grateful. I love my latest new work life.

But I also got pensive about what would my life look like if my "dream" did come true and I found a man who I love and who loves me...a phenomenon that has never happened in my life that I can recall. Yesterday I just keep moving from one thing I wanted to do to another. Work, drop off at a retirement home (not for me, will explain later), walk, soccer game, church, clean house, watch CPAN (author who wrote "What is wrong with California" - very interesting); long soaking bath with incense burning...how many if not all would I not have done if I was coordinating my schedule with another person??? Because - no matter how matter of fact ("boring") the list sounds, it was what I felt like doing at each interval of my day...But, with all that said, I am not going to stop looking for the man of my dreams.

To get back to the details of yesterday - sister #5's game was cancelled; it was raining at the time my co-worker son's game would have been starting and that is one benefit of being a non-family member participant, I did not feel moved as the family did to watch the game in a cold rain...; I got a call from the receptionist yesterday saying that the purse that was turned in to the front desk last night was owned by the former teacher who sponsors the annual dance concert that I half went to last night, so I got a chance to redeem myself for leaving early - the teacher told the front desk to just mail it to her, but I decided to drive it over to her retirement home that was not that far from campus; I tried to go to my co-worker's soccer game but it started late so I watched the warm up but then headed to church; then I stopped by school and Fidel (on the dining hall staff) wrapped up a sandwich for me to take home - I did not feel like sitting down and sitting in the dining hall at that point of my day; then home to tend to plants and house cleaning.

This week looks good to me. I asked my neighbor if we could change our dinner night from Thursday to Tuesday. My thought is to go to dinner then head next door to the Town Hall to hear the votes called out. I am thinking it is going to be a raucous crowd with all the local interest in the Selectman election and the use of the new voting "optical scan" machines. Gone are the voting booths and levers. Wednesday sister #5 has a local game with pizza after for the team at a pizza place near my school so I am going to try and get over there to see her at the pizza place. Game is a bit early to commit to that. Thursday we have dance class and then I hope to go to UofH for the guitar recital. It is one of the best recitals they have each year...another reason I am hoping my neighbor buys the Tuesday for Thursday switch.

I am going to look into taking the week after Thanksgiving off from work.

Today - talking heads, wash clothes, walk, 4 p.m. concert at the church across the street. We will see if this all gets done.

Big day for UCONN last night. JamesOn still to play in a Bulls game. They are not on a winning way so I guess they are not going to the bench. But Noah hasn't played so I don't feel so bad. Patriots-Colts today so the the locals are getting worked up.

Lots of leaves left the trees yesterday as we got the windy part of the storm yesterday. But still color out my window this a.m.

Have a good Sunday.

No comments: