Wednesday, December 05, 2007

"Billikens rule" - not win, but "rule"

Red letter day in my life as I stood at the tunnel and was a foot away from Coach Majerus as he came out of the tunnel (also Bob Ryan from the Boston Globe as a bonus sighting). Coach and I both had our black turtlenecks on - we are so "connected" on a totally and completely unknown level on his part and down to the cellular (physical term not cellphone) level on my part. My cousin's son made the trip with me and I think he was constantly entertained/embarrassed as I moved through our trip to Boston College. Good travel up and a great welcome from the guard house man at BC. I must say that at every turn the school was friendly and welcoming. I wish I could say that what people see, hear and feel at my school was the same - but certainly something to keep in front of my mind. As to the game, I had set 20 points at half time and 45 as final score for St Louis, I hit the half time...not the final.

Got to campus in time to catch a bit of the holiday music concert at St Mary's Chapel. Then we walked around the campus a bit. Some very "strutting" - justifiably - football players on campus. Then to the Hillside Cafe for something to eat. Very nice Student Center. Then over to the gym to be there when the doors opened! I stood at the tunnel for 38 minutes until Coach emerged. Not a problem for me. I did not want to lose my spot. Not that there was a crowd at the game OR at the visiting team's tunnel.

Earlier in the day, I was not sending out love in my thoughts, actions or words as they were on the BC campus...I had a bit of an anger management problem at a meeting. One of my former boss' cohorts set me off and I tried to contain myself - which I accomplished to some level, but she set off one of my physical reactions to anger that is always hard to harness. I was glad my cosmic guidance for the week ahead gave me a bit of support. We will see if my co-workers and current boss share the same.

"You're coming to the climax of the season of fertile tension and productive arguments. (Let's hope you haven't allowed it to devolve into the season of fruitless disputes and awkward silence.) As you prepare to harvest the full potential of the opportunities that have been made available, I offer you three pieces of advice from the French essayist Joseph Joubert. (1) "Never cut what you can untie." (2) "It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it." (3) "The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress."

Better get going. Full day ahead on a less than full night of sleep. Board of Selectmen's meeting tonight - the first under Republican regime in 20 years - for my volunteer job, I want to see what the new leaders have on their agenda.

No comments: