Saturday, December 08, 2007

Friday and Saturday

Friday seemed to get away from me - blood letting appointment moved up to noon so I could be around for an office birthday party; can't remember what I was working on in the morning...oh well. At 4 p.m., as if on cue for the school holiday upper school concert in the Chapel, the snow started to fall. It made for a nice walk - abbreviated, but beautiful and peaceful in the snow. Then off to the concert and then off to Simmer with a co-worker who is not feeling the love on her "hallway" as I feel on mine. Another gratitude lesson night for me and I loved Simmer. I will have to put that on my list for a "go back".

Spoke to a former co-worker from NC on Friday night. She has had a tragedy in her life and although our parting was not smooth, I felt the need to reach out. I feel it was a good thing and appreciated her call in response.

Today I got a slow start then things picked. Went into my parents to do wash, put up their artificial Christmas tree, then I walked to Blue Back to meet up with a co-worker. I love that part of West Hartford. AND I found out that there is a Simmer in West Hartford. Good news. I also stopped and bought a $7!!!!! piece of cheesecake for my parents - to split! At some point I will need to have the Cheesecake Factory experience...but it is not moving up on my things to do list. Took a short walk when I got home, church, came home to clean the house, took my bath, lit incense: added Serenity to my line up of scents tonight.

Got invited to a concert for tomorrow, but passed. My former college roommate's friend offered more free tickets.

"Trans-Siberian Orchestra (often abbreviated as TSO) is a rock orchestra founded by Paul O'Neill, Robert Kinkel, and Jon Oliva in 1996. The band's musical style is often described in different terms, incorporating progressive rock, symphonic metal, and heavy metal, with influences from classical music. Trans-Siberian Orchestra is well known for its renditions of traditional Christmas songs."

I am looking forward to working on some of my committee work tomorrow and then maybe by the office since the Monday morning weather sounds a little dicey or I should just say "icey"

Heard today that sister #1 will not be coming to CT for Christmas. I also scouted out a Homewood Suites location for putting up her daughter, my son, and sister #3's partner's son - 20, 24, 20 respectively. I am also trying to get comfortable with my brother's issue with our family Christmas Eve plans. Will look at that a bit more tomorrow.

Sunny day today with the "WARM" - 50 degrees - temperature. Cold again tonight and for the upcoming week. It did feel good today to be out and about. BUT I did no shopping - not even my office secret santa. As to family, Christmas Eve is still a perfectly sound shopping day for me. I have to get in the panic mode - shopping is never anything I can do as part of a tempered plan. Oh well.

Sister #3 and Sister #1's daughter will be up on Friday. That will give me another distraction to the tasks at hand.

Good email from an old college friend today. Her husband retired this year...(they are both younger than I am...) and they are living the life! It made my day to hear from her.

It has been quite the week - seeing Rick Majerus was really a "sun spot" event in my life...I think it kept me off my game the balance of the week. Hope there is no residual to the week ahead.

No comments: