Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday morning 90 minute delay

Just checked the school web site and we have a 90 minute delay due to ice. That will work for me since I will get there by the normal opening time 8 a.m. and that will be about a 90 minute delay for me. The trick will be not to slip getting from my apartment building door to my car. The main streets are pre-treated so most everything melts but it is also a chemical so I am wondering how it impacts groundwater and people's yards, but that is a thought for another day, because I do appreciate that the roads will not be slippery.

Yesterday was a good day. Was at the office from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.-ish. I got a lot done and my boss and the head of school stopped by. I was preparing for a bit of a delay this a.m. I also had a great walk. After work, I stopped by 5 Guys and got some french fries. My idea of comfort food.

Q&A was very interesting - Kim Kagen. Very smart and from the questioning, an integral part of the thinking that came up with the surge strategy. She and her husband and his family are pretty much a free standing think tank. I wonder what it is like to be so smart and learned that governments base their action on your thinking? I can't even get a consensus from my immediate family about what to do for Christmas Eve...

It is getting light out now, so I will start getting ready. This will be a bonus day for me - peace and quiet for an extra 90 minutes this a.m.

Have a good Monday.

No comments: