Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Monday's report

As much competence I feel I have at work, I feel I have no competence assisting in the family holiday planning. I do need to get geared up this weekend. Had a call from sister #4 as she was shopping in Mystic. I was the one she heard from as to sister #1 not coming home for Christmas...not music to her ears. Then heard from my brother and his (and I share his feeling) displeasure of having part of Christmas Eve with family friends at their house. Sharing time with them is not the problem, but the issue is going there then to the parents' house and having to "recreate" the holiday spirit (and food and drink) at the parents'. Certainly do-able, but just one more thing to think about at this very over-thinking time of year. He was going to call sister #5 about it last night, so we will see where we all end up. All I know is I need to clean the parents' house this weekend and then start stocking up on stuff for Christmas Eve night and Christmas Day.

I filled my day at work yesterday even with all I did on Sunday. Then I headed to the varsity basketball game. Great game and the Math Chair gave me a magazine he gets from Duke University from one of his son's friends. Took a short walk after the game. Seemed pretty mild based on all the commotion in the a.m. It makes me laugh when people who live on campus take advantage of the 90 minute delay...

Tonight I have EDA meeting. Then full focus on the holidays. We will see where that takes me. Have a good Tuesday.

No comments: