Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Not sure what the balance of the week will bring

It's Wednesday and the weather is being discussed on nothing but disrupting levels through the weekend. Today is mild but this could be the quiet before the storm(s). Yesterday I was edgy at work, but I know it was because of the holiday and not work. I am hoping my brother and his wife are OK with the Christmas Eve plans, I hope sister #5 is OK with my brother's objections to her plan making, I am mad at myself for being a holiday wimp. We are a holiday passive aggressive group. I think living far away was a protective mechanism for me. My cosmic guidance for the week ahead made me think.

"It's the Season of Returns and Recoveries, Libra. You will generate good fortune if you look for what you lost. Here are some suggestions on how to proceed: Recall important memories you've almost forgotten, retrieve any valuable things you rashly threw away, and bushwhack your way back to a promising path you strayed from. For best results, you should forgive yourself of any mistakes you think you made that led to the loss."

Went for a walk after work, then headed home to print out what I needed for my EDA meeting. I was not prepared for the Nov meeting, but over prepared for the Dec meeting.

I did stop at Ocean State Job Lots before the meeting - I bought candy canes for the parents' tree, cookies, and a plunger. My bathroom sink has been clogged for a long time and I was thinking that if anyone does stay here over the holidays, I did not want that to be what they saw, so I finally bought a $1.49 plunger - the sink is running like crazy now. What a great invention! The cookies were for one of my sweet splurges. Back in the day it was Miss Debbie's chocolate roll type things but now when I go over the edge, I look at the $2 cookie bins at OSJL's. So sad, but so necessary at times. I also decided that between the sale bin at the school book store and OSJL's I can do some bad weather shopping at work or by foot. I do think my parents will enjoy a OSJL gift card - I never knew they had them until last night!

And talking about times, I am usually ready to go to work at this time of the morning, but it is still pajama time. I need to "ad-dress" that and flick the switch on my holiday malaise and focus on the work ahead.

No comments: