Sunday, December 16, 2007

The stars aligned!!

What a day! I started out early and finished late, but I think I am done except one last trip to OSJL for my father's gift card, some wrapping paper, and a couple of fancy candy bars to go with my work secret santa present. I feel very good about my results. Everywhere was packed because of the weather report for today. People (like me) knew they were seriously running out of time.

I went from doing my wash and reviewing the new plan with my mother. Put my candy canes on their tree - and "coincidentally" read in the church bulletin last night that candy canes "were created by an Indiana candymaker who made them in a J for Jesus (of the staff of the Good Shepherd). The white represents Christ's sinless nature. Three thin red stripes show the scourging, while the large red stripe is the blood shed on the cross to give us the promise of eternal life." Very interesting to read. They also had buttons for people that say "It's OK to say Merry Christmas to me. Keep Christ in Christmas." A good hour spent by me at the end of phase one of my day.

After wash was done, I headed home to unload the wash and to regroup after I decided that I was going to stay "on this side of the mountain" to do my shopping. My plan was OSJL in Canton; Target in Torrington; Walgren's in Simsbury. When I got to OSJL there was not a parking spot in the place! And the way people were parking, I was afraid if I did park, I would get pinned in and be stuck there for the whole day!!! I could not afford that eventuality. So I went on to Torrington and Target. I got all my presents except the Jean Nate powder and powder puff for my mother that I was going to get at Walgren's and the items I have on my list for OSJL. I was so proud of myself and headed home to unload my car before I headed toward part two of my day - Walgren's, Stop and Shop for soup for today in case I did get snowed/sleeted in, church and work. I stayed right on schedule. Came out after Walgren's and S&S at 4:30 with a 5 p.m. start time at church, got to work at 6 p.m., had a bagel and a cup of tea at the dining hall (and a popcorn ball that my mother put in my bag when I was at their house...one of my favorite holiday foods - next to my holiday standard PEEPS) and worked on the work I did not get done while I was in computer class on Friday and got home at 9:30 p.m. The only thing I missed - and probably a positive - I did not get to the Package Store to buy myself a bottle of wine for this week. I really did think I should celebrate after what I accomplished on Saturday. But I have "celebration opportunities" on Tuesday, Wed, and Thursday so I will not be lacking for festivities. But back to Saturday - at 9:30 p.m. I started cleaning house with some new cleaning products I needed and purchased at Target, watched the tale end of a sad movie and cried my eyes out - The Notebook - with James Garner and then went to bed at midnight AND it was not even New Year's Eve! I don't see midnight on many nights, but I was energized yesterday. The only blip on the shopping screen was I got home and was checking off my receipt against my "goods" and saw that they charged me for something I did not buy (I had multiples of one item and they charged me for one too many) so I had to go back to Target to get my refund. They made it very easy and I did "do the math" to make sure that I was not spending more in gas than I would get back for the refund, but it is only 15 minutes away so I went. And what I got refunded "paid" for my Walgren's purchase.

The other thing I put out to take to work with me on Monday is my Peace Sign buttons. I am going to distribute them on Monday to selected people on Monday.

This morning I had some great dreams right before I woke up. I made a statement in my dreams that really spoke to me. It was a good reminder of what makes me work. Nice gift to myself this morning as we enter what can be a land mine two weeks for me. Love that when it happens.

One thing that was funny yesterday was doing it all in one day, I could very easily put a dollar figure on what the holiday cost me. Of course I have more food items to purchase for Christmas Eve and Christmas, but it did make me wonder what other people do who might not have an extra few hundred dollars to throw at Target. My stress comes from a lot of places but fortunately - as much as I make it an issue - money is not one of them. And I am also thinking that many people who I know probably throw thousands of dollars at the holiday. I think that may need some attention with all the good works that need to be done? But I can only stay in my own head right now.

Here is my cosmic guidance for this week and Q&A guest for tonight. Feel very good about both of them. Me and my emotions are not always a source of joy in my life or the lives of others...but I will work with my guidance.

December 16, 2007 -- You may not show your emotions often but over the next seven days you will go out of your way to let partners and loved ones know how much you care for them. They know already, of course, but it's always nice to be reminded and the look of joy on their faces will make you feel good as well.

Info: Joe Madison discusses his life and current work as a radio talk show host and civil rights activist. His radio program, The Black Eagle, can be heard weekdays 6-10am ET in the Washington, DC area on WOL-AM Newstalk 1450 and also on XM Satellite Radio Channel 169.

I do need to do some post holiday gifting to non-family, but I don't know if it will get done before the new year. I don't think that will be a problem - people who have known me for years, know that I don't move along the normal path, and they have put up with it in very graceful and caring ways. That is a gift on everyday of my life. I did get a great gifts on Friday from friends - Tangible and intangible "heart" gifts - Heart gifts to put around my house and a wonderful family picture from a family that gives us all some tips for making this family thing work.

Well, better get out and move my car before the plow boy comes. It is snowing again!!!! I did check weather.com for the holiday weather in St Augustine and Chapel Hill...not warm enough to put me on a plane, but it might not be long before that might change. Lucky I love my job!

Have a good pre-holiday week. Keep me in my thoughts that I stay within myself!!!

No comments: