Friday, April 05, 2024

from destination - day 2

More family yesterday.  Have not spent this much time with my sister in law in my life and brother called to say dinner "on the town" (Apex) for last night.  Incredible meal at The Peak on Salem.  Pretty expensive but brother - being the only non-retired in our foursome picked up the tab.  And sister #4 did not have to get in the car and drive anywhere yesterday.  Walked to brother's to meet up with sister in law for museum trip and they picked us up at hotel.  Hotel is a total "thumb's up".  It needs more stars in my book.  (As I sit down here in a very inviting lobby with my coffee and breakfast while I wait for sister #4 to wake up.  

Today stop by my brother's work and my old work.  Chapel Hill for lunch with friend.  Sister wants to be in front of TV for basketball which is fine with me.  I will miss seeing many but I was about this being a family trip.  Might see niece #4 after her work tonight, but no firm commit.  Glad #2 and 4 nieces were there on Wednesday.  

Call last night with sad news.  Dear friends/former clients at old NC work - husband had a stroke and is at UNC-Chapel Hill hospital.  Don't know if I will be able to get my head around going to physically visit.  But I will have the wife put the phone on speaker like she did last night at least so I can talk to him.  Speech is an issue for the husband.  Me and hospitals.  Logistics of getting to where I would need to go in the hospital complex.  I thought what was in my Daily Stoic email today spoke to me...again.  Life is unpredictable…yet somehow very predictable. Life comes at us fast. It doesn’t stop. It puffs us up and brings us low. It blesses and curses us. All we can do is be ready. All we can do is pick up the pieces and keep going.  Life and death.  Seeing ourselves and others on this spectrum.  Makes me pause on days like today.

Your ruler Venus, which is also the planet of love, moves into the partnership area of your chart today, making this one of the best times of the year for affairs of the heart. Reach out to that one special person you care for the most.

You're feeling a sense of expansion when it comes to your soul circle, and you love that you are surrounded by fellow unicorns who make you feel seen, heard, and witnessed deeply. At the same time, remember that your connection with yourself is just as important.

Here's to Friday.  Have a good one.  


No comments: