Saturday, April 06, 2024

from destination - day 3

Full and good day.  6 a.m. on this Saturday a.m. is finding me in the lobby for breakfast as sister #4 sleeps upstairs. I will have some packing to do when I get upstairs.  Plan is wheels up by 9 a.m. for basecamp 2 (sister #1's).

Yesterday we stopped by my old work place.  Not too many around.  School schedules off from up north but did get to see many and a surprise visit by someone I did not expect to see.  (former RPCV Tunisia, former client from my NC work)  So we went into town to meet NC friend for lunch and her husband was home - bonus for us since he was supposed to be at Rotary but was recovering from a MOHS procedure.  So we left him behind and went to Breadman's for lunch.  Then back to my former work place/brother's current area and spent a good chunk of time there.  Then back to the hotel for a swim and get ready to watch games.  I lasted through first half of game one nada mas.  :)

But lots of tears for me - seeing the RPCV and sharing how much I loved her husband and how kind he always was to me.  He died suddenly in 2022.  Sister #4 enjoyed hearing my adventures in Chapel Hill back in the day - how our lunch partner and her family saved my family from Hurricane Fran.  NC friends who live where my brother works - we only had phone time.  Husband had a stroke on Wednesday.  Talked to his wife twice during the day.  Will keep checking in with her as my travels move along.  So - as always - with all my "what ifs", "will it happen" my travels are good and just what they need to be...ONE more time of being reminded.  Can't wait until I get my Daily Stoic email.  I bet that will "give it to me again".  :)  

Didn't have a second visit with nieces but communicated with both.  

Relationships are under really good stars this weekend and the more you reach out to people, at home and at work, the more they will want to do things for you. Don’t neglect to do things for them as well – delight them with your generosity.

It's the time to let your inner freak flag fly as you dazzle the world with your one-of-a-kind ideas and inspire your fellow unicorns to venture into the wilderness, just like you have. That said, you may feel a sense of stagnation when it comes to certain aspects of your life.

Kindness of strangers, cosmic support, synchronicity - man, am I the beneficiary.  Also think this has been a good trip for sister #4 to get her head around some things as to family connectivity.  Looking forward to the northward travel starting today.  BUT will miss NC like I always do...  Have a good Saturday.  4.5 hours in the car for today.  7 on Monday.  1.5 on Tuesday.  Hope I don't get dinged for my day late on my free computer return on Tuesday and not Monday.  :)  

PS:  I am done with the girls BB after seeing the results this a.m.  

No comments: