Thursday, April 04, 2024

from destination

LOVE my new hotel find!  Springhill Suites.  LOTS of room for sister #4 and I.  6-10 a.m. continental breakfast AND I did not wake up until 5:45 a.m. to it was perfect.  Late night last night.  Great visit with brother and his family.  Great nephew is struggling a bit.  COVID babies and speech pathology issues.  Maybe some spectrum issue.  I am glad that sister #4 - with 40 years of watching little ones from 3 yrs to 9th grade - was there to explain some things that didn't add up for me.  Life.  Hard for me to take in.  

From my Stoic email today:  But we’re not really talking about the pursuit of knowledge. We’re really talking about the pursuit of virtue. In the most highlighted passage in the Kindle edition of Robin Waterfield’s annotated edition of Meditations, Robin Waterfield writes: “The Stoics held that virtue was knowledge. They recognized four primary virtues—prudential wisdom, courage, moderation, and justice—and analyzed each of them as a kind of knowledge. Wisdom is knowledge of good and bad; courage is knowledge of what to fear and what not to fear; moderation is knowledge of what to pursue and what to avoid; justice is knowledge of what to give or what not to give others.”

Good thought for me to start this day.  Off to the museum later.  Then I hope to swing by brother's work to show my sister around.  Tomorrow art gallery event in brother's downtown so we will do that after lunch in Chapel Hill.  Quick hits of people, places and things that I need in my life right now.  Had to smile when Chapel Hill friend recommended the Krueger series to me.  For once I landed on the author before her.  :)

You won’t need to be overly assertive to get what you want between now and the weekend. As your ruling planet Venus is about to move into the partnership area of your chart you will gain more from persuasion than from coercion. Charm your way to success.

It's time to take a deep breath, remember who you are and what you came here for. Wise words by author and channel Darryl Anka to reflect upon, “Everything is energy and that's all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality.

I am sort of on the edge of tears thinking about my niece and great nephew.  I will see where those thoughts take me today.  Need to think about how to fit the hotel pool into the mix also.  Have a good Thursday.  


No comments: