Friday, July 19, 2024

Chance meetings, chance happenings?

A bevy of things made my heart sing yesterday.  Sat outside and visited with my TX friend before she headed back.  Came back home and went on an abbreviated walk and "walked into" my 6th grade teacher's adult daughter and we walked a bit together talking about all the memory lane items of this past week with all the people and events in town. 

Son sent a pic to my picture frame - him with the envelope with the closing docs on his commercial lot.  Very happy that he sold it to Love Only, Inc.  Such good karma in my mind.  So many people with good hearts in Detroit.  In their own unique ways.  :)  Helping each other.  It makes me feel good to see the people, places and things my son finds himself in contact with.  More "road less traveled"-esque, but it works for him and those he surrounds himself.  Reminded me of the community idea that took hold in Austin.  

So yesterday - 8:30 a.m. out by BDL.  Back home by 11 a.m.  Walked until 12:30 a.m.  TX friend sent me home with a bottle of wine she bought but could not take on plane, so I left it outside my landlord's door because they would enjoy it and she sent back some cookies!  That is a trade I would do everyday!  :)  Then to the pool.  No swimming ladies there.  Did see one as I got in my car.  Lots of things disrupting schedules this week.  Back home.  Talked to son on phone after he sent me the pic.  I shot this email back in response to what he said the buyer of his lot was planning: "This is the place I was talking about in Austin. https://mlf.org/community-first/  Congrats again.  Keep connecting with good people, places and things.  :) Love, Mom"  

Then another connection.  Completed Life is featuring an event with a doula mentioned by a DC facilitator.  Shot her an email about that.  "Completed Life and Virginia Chang connection.  :)  You know I love that when "worlds collide".  💫  You keep me in the know.  Thank you. https://secure.everyaction.com/_3zQWzuDukGQJUtFpIHXIA2"

Sat outside on the bench by town hall for a few minutes talking to PD buddy.  He has to buy his afternoon ice coffee at LaSalle rather than Starbucks since our local Starbucks is getting renovated.  People from his potential new department were at town department do interviews with co workers.  Fingers crossed.  And we talked about the bike accident he and his lady friend had.  Complete drag.  Then back inside and NY DC.  Good small group discussion there.    

Today - Nothing on my July 19 box on my paper calendar.  Out of towners now all back in their home places.  Two DCs tomorrow - Ann Arbor and LA CA.  

If you have been thinking of a major change in your life, maybe switching careers or moving away from your location, now is the time to get serious about it. There can be no more excuses for doing nothing, it’s time to break out of your comfort zone.

You could find it harder than usual to wake up this morning, Libra, as your energy may be flagging. Personal or professional pressures might stir feelings of futility, but don't fall into this trap. In spite of your momentary lethargy, everything on the horizon looks far better than it seems - primarily because of your own hard work. Retire early tonight and tomorrow you'll feel more energetic.

You'll crave secure relationships and time spent at home, dearest Libra, as the moon enters Capricorn and your solar fourth house. Lean into these vibes by following your intuition and honoring what you need to feel safe and complete. Meanwhile, Venus aligns with the Nodes of Fate, helping you make headway within existing and blooming relationships. Now is also a good time to invest in your network by making introductions or following up with new contacts. Just be sure to pull back when Luna squares the Nodes this evening, and consider planning on an easy night in, complete with nutritious food and good company.

Walk, swim.  That's my day.  I will see where the day takes me.  Have a good Friday.  This third week of July was full on many levels.  :)

No comments: