Sunday, July 21, 2024

Nice advice in my inbox on Saturday - and then the day got away :)

Could not get much better than my Daily Stoic quotes on Sat Morning: “Just a few things: a good quote to start the morning, a little song to start the work day, a good poem with lunch, a fine picture next and a few reasonable words spoken over dinner with a friend or a loved one. Do that each day and you will have a happy and wise life.” 

And VERY me: “If I don’t have a routine, then I’m just going to sit with my own thoughts for too long with no direction and anxiety….But if I know that at 1:00 I normally go to the gym, at 2:30 I pick up my kids, and at 11:00 I have breakfast, then I know that I’ve only got 15 minutes until my next thing. The anxious thoughts are going to have to be put on the back burner because I have to do my thing that I always do at that time.”  You can pretty much set your clock on my eating, walking, swimming, sleeping schedule.  :)  

Saturday had a bonus walk-with-family-friend.  :)  What a treat and so appreciated after the last week.  As I was walking to meet her, PD in LaSalle picking up their coffee saw me and I got a call to get back there and say hi.  So I did.  Too funny, small town.  Family friend did not see me in our usual meeting place and walked up to my stoop...We finally got on the road.  

Walk, Ann Arbor DC, pool.  One of the swim ladies showed up.  The day was supportive in many ways.  As I waited for the LA CA DC, I fired up my diffuser with some of the new oils TX friend gave me on her visit.  MORE appreciation.  THEN about 4:45 p.m. a huge "boom" outside the window.  And the power and internet were gone.  Rain fell in buckets for minutes.  LACA DC facilitator texted me "are you joining us" at 6:40 p.m. my time...for the 6:30 p.m. DC.  I could not look up her cell phone so I had not been able to signal her.  Had to let her know that no, no power or internet.  :(  So I just kept reading Tom Lake.  LOVE that book.  Luckily my landlord called me at 7:40 p.m. to see if our building had power before they headed home from wherever they were.  And it was on...I then checked my phone and the electric company had texted me at 7 p.m. to tell me power was restored.  Oh well.  Good he called.  Guess I was not meant to be at the LA CA DC.  :)  

Before I hit the pool, I did swing to ALDI.  Cherries on sale were a disappointing.  Oh well.  Did get bargain cookies and relish.  

Called sister #6 back once power was back on.  She had called me when power was out and I told her I did not want to use up the only powered instrument I had. Another "if you had a smart phone" moment but not enough to get me into that camp.  #6 reported that another big event at the Kennedy compound.  She knows I love to hear about the comings and goings of Kennedys.  

Today - walk to Unionville.  Missed a week, but feels like it has been awhile.  Wander farmer's market. Pool at 1 p.m.  Tomorrow walk, massage, pool, ZEN.  Working on an outreach to another doula.

Stand back from your life for an hour or two and assess, with total honesty, where you have done well and where you have fallen short of the targets you set yourself. Overall you are in a pretty good place but can still find ways to make it better.

You're apt to need emotional freedom, Libra. Perhaps you sense that you're being coerced or manipulated into feeling a certain way and feel trapped in the situation. If you can distance yourself, you're likely to see that you're indeed getting caught up in someone else's drama. Right now it's imperative that you find an outlet where you can express yourself freely without feeling like you have to act a particular way.

Find a balance between softness and severity, dearest Libra, as the Capricorn full moon rises and aligns with Neptune. This energy is perfect for putting your health first and prioritizing stress relief and wellness. Just be mindful of making space for fun and creativity once Luna enters Aquarius, unleashing your inner brilliance. Meanwhile, Mars and Pluto bring a surge of motivation your way, making it easier to face the sacrifices necessary to reach your highest path. If you could use some extra encouragement, consider leaning into your spirituality or confiding in a friend. Love flows freely tonight when the Nodes of Fate activate.

Have to smile when I look at schools added to ACC...nationwide as a descriptor is an understatement.  :)  

Here goes Sunday.  Hope to finish Tom Lake today.  Can't wait to see how it ends.  That Ann Patchett has a way with words.  :)  Have a good Sunday.  

No comments: