Monday, August 19, 2024

Well that was a rainy day...

Not only no walk to Unionville, but pool was closed for the day.  Oh well.  Sneakers on the window sill as we speak.  Listening to the news as we speak to check on today's weather and prospects for walking and swimming.  Not that far away the water really caused some problems.  Not around here - except for sending my schedule into a spin.  

Trying to remember what I listened to or watched.  Re-member and Letting Go Gently on the Reflections of Life youtube site.  Ended my day with the Great American Recipe.  Thought for sure John would be the winner.  Guessed wrong.  Sent son my notes on the latest tech email.  I am so out of the mainstream as I read it - I have no involvement in RTP "One development I have been watching keenly is the shift to real-time payments (RTP), enabled by governments and industry consortiums like FedNow and The Clearing House, which has become a global phenomenon (Plaid has a good overview). RTP’s advantage lies in its high speed and low cost. The various RTP vendors cover consumer-to-consumer, consumer-to-business, and business-to-business payments. I have personally seen a large increase in US service providers eschewing credit cards in favor of Zelle or Venmo, which you can think of in part as RTP payment platforms.  Niece's husband to be works with FedNow.  I have not eschewed credit cards...or check writing for that matter.  Oh well.  I made quite a list of my "obsolescences". 

Obsolescence is coming in hot - Microsoft 10, flip phone, cable cost, electricity cost, food cost, housing cost, UBER/LYFT out of current technology reach, my roll up windows car rattling and rolling, washer/dryer even though I do not own them, toaster that does still toast but no pop up, coffeemaker on last legs, down to one pack of “3” reading glasses, 2 “2.75”s left, out of lightbulbs, no printer, duck taped the power cord for laptop, Garmin GPS that has not been updated map wise since I bought it in 2014 (“missed” taking a new road that was not built then when I last drove to Florida), refrigerator even though I do not own it, “tube” TV even though son gave me a smart TV (company has used it with their streaming apps) I do not stream, no “RTP” in my life - venmo, zelle, paypal etc. (might be the only person still ordering checks…), teeth - dentist has been putting in temporaries for over a decade - I do not do crowns.  

NC friend/blog writer called last night to say he liked my comment.  His stroke makes his responses challenging.  Also he shared that his wife needs to go in for surgery.  Yikes.  TX friend called.  She is wrapping up her babysitting work with her grandson while DIL is in Peru and son had to go into work for a meeting.   

Today walk, swim, PA DC, OHIO DC.  It will be a fast change over from swim to PA DC due to the limited hours the pool is open this last week of it being open.  Need to make a list for Shoprite for tomorrow and I will pick up my chores tomorrow - wash clothes and run dishwasher. Do I overthink much?  Rhetoric question.  :)  Sister #4 called yesterday.  Her club is its last week.  She has enjoyed her summer "job".  We are talking about finding a date when I can go down for one last meal at Two Little Fishes that will be closing.  

You have been on a lucky streak of late but that streak may be coming to an end, so get serious about your obligations and don’t just assume that everything will turn out for the best. Above all, avoid the kind of impulsive actions you too often enjoy.

Remember that you can turn to loved ones when you need some extra support, dearest Libra, as Chiron stirs in the sector of your chart that governs relationships. Brace yourself for twists and turns once the Aquarius full moon rises, aligning with Uranus to bring forth dramatic and unpredictable vibes. Keep a grip on your ego, identifying which battles are worth fighting before going toe to toe with another. On the plus side, you'll feel a surge of creativity, which can steer you toward artistic and personal evolution. Focus on your health once Luna enters Pisces and your house of wellness later today.

If long-overdue work has piled up, Libra, today is the day to dig in. This is especially so for things you weren't able to handle yesterday. Fortunately, you have added strength and mental acuity. Things will go smoothly. Make the most of this energy by not putting off anything. The pile will just grow if you procrastinate. Do what needs to be done and you'll feel great.

Twists and turns...that feels a bit unsettling, but I will try and stay calm and strong.  Have a good Monday.  

 

No comments: