Thursday, August 30, 2007

More distractions from CSPAN and my book

Plugging away at some projects yesterday and preparing for more. Campus is buzzing as all the teachers are back and the kids will be arriving soon. Last night I was next to last to leave the office and at that point all I could think about was mailing off my thank you notes to my other school interview participants and take a swim at my brother's pool. I had a nice visit with him and niece #3 while sister in law was at Pilate's class. But it did mean I missed the News Hour and read exactly one page of my book club book...I did watch a bit of Bush's trip to New Orleans, but that is too maddening for me to watch. What a fiasco on so many levels. There are spots of sunshine, but the big picture - to me - is maddening.

I looked ahead for Sunday's Q&A - La Hood from IL. We seem to be focused on those Midwest politicians. I can't wait. Some people look forward to the next episode of The Sopranos, Sex and the City or Desperate Housewives - me, Brian Lamb and Q&A! Could I be more boring?

Saturday is mother's 85th birthday and my brother and I will go in. No big party allowed because she wants to save up her energy for her friends' 50th wedding anniversary party on Sunday. They will come out to my town to go to church at 10 a.m. and then the party at 12:30. I am going to take them around to some of the new parts of town they have not seen to see what my brother is talking about with the new construction in town. My father is going to be so not impressed with the mega-mansions as he thought 1600 sq ft in a 150 year old house (now 200 year old that I can see from my apartment house front door) was perfectly fine for 6 kids and two adults to live in...now a days people would have been calling child services for overcrowding, but we all thought we had plenty of room EXCEPT it did get tricky with only one bathroom until we put a half bath in the basement as we all started to enter our teens. 6 kids born between 1951 to 1961 - made for a bit of a crowd getting ready for school. Maybe that is why we learned to get ready without much "prep" time.

Talking to prep time - need to get going. Have a SPHERE event at the other school tonight. 15 from our school are going. Dinner and speaker. I am looking forward to it and the day ahead. Big project to do. I love a mission. Also keeps me busy as my future is being formulated on the cosmic level with whatever my current school and the other school are thinking about...very exciting.

Have a good Thursday!

No comments: